Find ACT preparation resources including practice tests, study guides, flash cards, tutoring and courses. The ACT evaluates high school students for college admissions and covers science, math, reading and English. For more information about the ACT, see Tests.com's ACT Test Guide. The ACT is published by ACT, Inc.
ACT Preparation: Top 9 Test Tips
- There is no penalty for guessing so answer EVERY question.
- Follow the ACT Instructions: The cover of the test booklet has these instructions.
- Each of the four tests (math, science, reading and english) have their own instructions to read carefully.
- Don't spend too much time on any single question.
- Use a soft lead No. 2 pencil with a good eraser.
- Answer the easiest questions first.
- On difficult questions, eliminate as many incorrect answers as you can, then make an educated guess among those remaining.
- Mark your answers properly. Erase any mark completely and cleanly.
- Listen for the announcement of 5 minutes left on each test.